Los Que Van App
http://apps.appmakr.com/losquevan, for Apple
it’s in iTunes
or view an online version here:
Parents, join the email list
July 24-28 at Living Waters Ranch in Challis, Id
Cost will be similar to last year
We will know more and begin fundraising in mid May.
Los Que Van Shop
The products in this online shop are printed by Spreadshirt, the platform for personalized tees and other custom apparel.
Summer Reading Suggestions
Jenn Martinez created this list of suggested summer reading books for youth. Check it out!
A list of books Christian teen guys should read:
- Men of Grit
Brothers at Arms
The Boy Colonel
- The Passage
- Tom Gillies
- The Lost Clue
- Kingdom Series
- Knights of Arrethrae
- Do Hard Things
- How to Be a Man
- Created for Work
- Charlie’s Choice
- Sir Malcolm and the Missing Prince
- Teddy’s Button
- The White Knights
- Sir Knight of the Splendid Way
- Thoughts for Young Men
- Take Back the Land
- Boyhood and Beyond
- Practical Happiness
A list of books Christian teen girls should read:
- Holy Bible – There is no other book more precious than this one. It is more than a book of stories from times past, it is the word of God and the key to the Truth.
- So Much More – Sisters, Anna Sofia and Elizabeth Botkin, wrote this book as teenage sisters, who realized the world of femininity was failing and falling apart. They began to pile up evidence of why it is important to stay feminine in your walk with Christ. (This book was one of the biggest life-changing books I had read before!)
- Before You Meet Prince Charming – Almost every girl dreams about the day she will walk down the aisle to her Prince Charming, but how do you prepare yourself before that time? This book is very good, humorous, and quite inspirational.
- Journey’s of Faithfulness – My heart was completely twisted and pried when I read this book! One of the best I have read, since So Much More. I’m positive you won’t put this book down before you are humbled and ready to surrender your all to God.
- Elsie Dinsmore – I cannot suggest this series of books enough. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G piece of work. The girl’s faith is so strong and made me feel completely inadequate in my walk with Christ, but thankfully God receives all and washes us clean when we ask for forgiveness!
- Kingdom Series – This series isn’t primarily made for girls, but oh, how good it is! Who doesn’t like the medieval times? The author of this book, Chuck Black, did an amazing job writing this Biblical allegory to challenge the children of todays culture.
- Lies Young Women Believe – I have not read this book, but have heard a LOT of good reviews from it.
- Do Hard Things – I have not read this book, but have heard a LOT of good reviews from it.
- Start Here – I have not read this book, but have heard a LOT of good reviews from it.
- Soul Surfer – Oh. My. Goodness. This book was so touching and inspirational, yes…even more than the movie. I don’t think I could grow in my faith like Bethany Hamilton did after her tragic accident. Amazing story!
- Interrupted – I cannot praise, Rachel Coker, enough for her works of art. They are so encouraging and inspirational, but yet they don’t push Christianity on people, which makes these books PERFECT to share with non believers and believers alike!
- Chasing Jupiter – Rachel Coker’s second book. The things I wrote for Interrupted apply with this book as well, but be prepared to get choked up…
Other books suggested:
Another Spiritual Gift Application
Thinking about God’s calling and purpose for your life can be very powerful, but also remember that when the spirit comes, God can give you any gift of the spirit and use you in any way. Knowing your skills can be both freeing and empowering, but don’t let it limit you from being used in other ways. Finally, this survey is more based on personality than on spiritual gifts, but it could still be a part of God talking to you about his purpose, plans, and calling on your life!
Full Student Registration
Parents, it is important to join our email list to stay in the know. Please use the youth registration form below.
I Am The Myrrh
Los Que Van February
- Food every week!
- New activities, new friends!
- Series “I am the Myrrh” on Love, Romance, Sex, Relationships, Dating, Courting, and Singleness
Ask A Question: Students, here is your chance to ask a question anonymously – ask anything you might be wondering about this topic (or any other!) and we will try our best to answer it during the series!